Erectile Dysfunction!!! What does come to your mind first after reading these two words? Maybe weak erections, ruined sex life or lost interest in sexual activity. Perhaps, relationship problems, low energy levels or stress.
Whatever it is, the fact is ED is a common sexual problem that every man have to deal with at some stage of his life. But, don’t worry! Erectile dysfunction is treatable.
In this article, we are going to discuss the erectile dysfunction symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
Symptoms of ED
According to a 2013 study published in The Journal of Sexual Medicine, one in four men at an outpatient clinic who sought professional help for ED was actually under the age of 40.
There are many symptoms of erectile dysfunction, and some common ones are given below:
- Unable to get an erection hard enough for penetration
- Unable to keep an erection for intercourse
- Decreased interest in sexual activity (low libido)
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
Causes of ED
Erectile Dysfunction is a result of insufficient blood supply to the penis, which could lead to erection problems.
A number of studies have been conducted to date, related to what causes erectile dysfunction. Listed below are some common physical and psychological causes of ED:
- High cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alcohol and tobacco use
- Injuries or surgeries that affect spinal cord or pelvic area
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Porn addiction
Diagnosis of ED
When you set up a consultation with a doctor, he will ask you for the ED symptoms and medical history. Most of the doctors do a physical exam along with asking a set of questions to identify the problem and suggest the right treatment options. The ED diagnostic tests are performed to verify if you actually suffer from the problem, or the symptoms are due to some other reasons. Here are some erectile dysfunction tests, which doctors do:
- Physical exam
- Urine tests
- Blood tests
- Psychological exam
Treatment of ED
Erectile dysfunction can be treated with various methods. Depending on your erectile dysfunction symptoms and severity of the problem or other related conditions, your doctor will tell you different treatment options. However, your partner’s preferences can also help in coping with the problem.
Some common ED treatment options are:
- ED medications: Viagra, Levitra, Cialis, or other drugs to help stimulate blood flow
- Penis pumps, surgery and implants: Using special devices to pull blood into the genital area.
- Exercising: Doing exercises to improve the activity levels
- Psychological counseling: A special technique to manage the mental health and address the major things such as stress, depression, etc.
- Lifestyle changes: Healthy lifestyle habits to reverse the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
If you identify erectile dysfunction symptoms, get the treatment right away. There is a wide range of medical professionals for ED treatment available out there, and you should choose a certified, professional doctor to discuss your ED problem with.
ED Doctor Online provides quick, on-demand ED consultation. Men of all age groups seeking professional help to cope with ED can schedule their online appointments, and talk to the California board-certified doctors.