Can you get erections as hard as you did in your 20s? Or jump to the bed with the same excitement? Or continue to enjoy sexuality like you did as a teenager?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), a type of sexual disorder that is the inability to obtain or maintain an erection for sexual activity, is common among guys.
Before you visit an online erectile dysfunction treatment clinic, it’s necessary to learn what’s causing the problem. ED has many reasons, and AGE is one of the primary ones.
Related: Erectile Dysfunction – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Most of the men in their 50s or more feel like finished when erection dissatisfaction develops while others believe in enjoying love making till life ends.
Read along to learn about the connection between ED and age. Also, get comprehensive information about different erectile dysfunction treatments available online to help elderly people spice up their sex lives again. Let’s discuss!
What’s the link between ED and age?
ED is just like a heart attack to the penis, and it’s associated with various factors and changes that develop with age. These include:
As men age, their testosterone levels start to decline, reducing blood flow to the penis, thus preventing an erection from occurring.
As per a review posted on the National Center for Biotechnology Information, hypogonadism is a common cause for endocrinopathy, which is linked to ED. Most of the men have low serum testosterone levels with age. And, men with hypogonadism have increased risks of cardiovascular events.
Male Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is a recommended erectile dysfunction treatment for low-T levels.
- Vascular diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease are on the rise for people in their 50s or more. They can cause problems in the blood flow and eventually in getting an erection.
- About 15-25% of ED patients have hypertension, which is another common problem in the elderly, and it’s also responsible for cardiovascular diseases.
- The reasons for ED in seniors are often depressive disorders, anxiety & depression being the most common ones among them. These factors result in affecting the patients’ quality of sexual intercourse and libido.
- Smoking has several negative effects on the body, such as imbalanced thromboxane, hypercoagulability and prostacyclin concentrations. Also, it can damage vascular endothelium and peripheral nerves. Nicotine smoothens muscle contraction, thus increasing sympathetic muscle tone in the genitals.
Also, studies show that men who have been smoking for many years have ultrastructural damage to the penile vascular tissue. Thus, chronic smokers have higher chances of developing ED.
Post-40 erection changes are common among all men. However, some lifestyle changes can help reverse these erectile dysfunction symptoms temporarily. These include regular exercising, eating a clean diet, falling in love, and high energy levels.
How to cure ED after 50
To get exclusive erectile dysfunction treatment, visit an online clinic. However, you can also try some doctor-approved techniques to reverse ED symptoms after the 50s:
- Coaching or therapy can be helpful in overcoming psychological symptoms of ED. Also, patients can get professional help to resolve problems related to self-esteem and other relationship issues.
- Erection problems are linked to blood flow through the penis. Lifestyle changes can help improve the blood circulation. Thus, men need to make a major commitment towards making these changes to improve not only their sexual but overall health. These include:
- Exercising daily, especially cardiovascular exercises
- Cutting extra body fat
- Quitting smoking and alcohol use
- Eating more fruits and vegetables that are rich in nitrates—beets, pomegranates, leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits, blueberries, etc.
- Anxiety is listed among the top erection enemies, as it sends blood away from the central body. Some effective ways to minimize anxiety are—hot shower before intercourse, deep breathing, and performing at a slow pace.
- Enhancing the testosterone levels with medications and hormone replacement therapy can help solve the erection problems and increase libido.
- ED medications such as Viagra, Cialis, Levitra inhibit PDE5, do help with trapping blood in the penis. You can buy these medications for erectile dysfunction treatment from online stores.
To wrap it up, ED is a common sexual disorder affecting most of the men after 40s. Apart from age, there are some other factors linked to erection problems, and it is necessary to understand them completely to get the right treatment.
However, you can also visit a reputed erectile dysfunction treatment online clinic for quick and effective results.